WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that allows you to construct and publish websites for free. According to W3Techs, 44 percent of Internet sites are powered by WordPress, including those without content management systems (CMS) or those with custom-coded ones. To put it another way, One-third of the internet is powered by WordPress!
The WordPress platform can be hosted in one of two ways: self-hosting your own domain or renting a domain name through WordPress’s domain registrar, GoDaddy.
It is one of the most widely used blogging platforms today, with over 27 million websites using it. WordPress allows users to not only create and manage their content, but also monetize their website through their blogs.
WordPress is an open source, free platform that offers plugins known as “add-ons” that can be updated through a plugin API. These add-ons are developed by third parties who have separate source code from WordPress, but they share the same goal of improving users’ experience with the software.
The Pros of WordPress vs Wix
A lot of people these days are looking for the best platform to run their website. One popular option that many people are considering is WordPress. However, there is another platform that is also gaining popularity – Wix.
It’s difficult to compare the two platforms because they have different strengths and weaknesses.
- Large Community: The main advantage that WordPress has over Wix is that it has a larger community and it’s been around for a much longer time. On the other hand, Wix is cheaper than WordPress and offers an extensive list of features such as drag-and-drop website builder, document hosting, and email marketing tools.
- User Friendly: The popularity of WordPress has been growing rapidly in recent years as it is a user-friendly tool and can help companies to create engaging web pages for their customers.
- Easy to customize: WordPress has also been known as a content management system that is easy to use and can be customized easily. Wix, on the other hand, provides a quick way to create a website without any coding or design experience required and it is easier for users to build their brand online with it.
- No need to hire developer: WordPress has over 16,000 plugins available for users to download, which means you can customize your site to suit your needs without having to hire a developer or designer.
- Easy to create categories & tags: WordPress allows users to easily create categories and tags for their content, along with featured images, post backdating, and private posts. With these features, it is possible for bloggers to ensure that their blog site stays current with content consistently.
- Best for Ecommerce website: WordPress is flexible enough that it can be used as a blog as well as an e-commerce store. One of the most popular systems for generating content-driven websites is WordPress. It is best for building eCommerce websites and digital stores because it can handle all kinds of locales, languages, and products.
- Best tutorial & support available: The WordPress community has over 30 million websites on the platform, which means you can find tutorials and support from other users if you run into any problems with installation or customization.
- Best for managing content: WordPress offers a drag-and-drop editor that makes work easier for content writers and web developers. Interestingly, WP also offers options for web hosting so you don’t have to worry about renting servers or managing them which is an added advantage for a busy content creator.
- Superior over wix: WordPress is far superior to Wix as a web publishing platform for any kind of website: You will get more features with this platform than the other ones and it will save your time in managing servers or renting them for your blog.
- Create your own website template: If you are looking for a theme to build your website on, there are many options to consider. You can find any type of theme from the WordPress themes market with varying design styles and layouts for both creative people who want to create their own website template or those who want an easy way out of doing so.
- Premium plugins: WordPress themes are made available in terms of plugins, which can be further divided into premium and free plugins. Premium plugins have some additional features that the free ones don’t have, but they are more expensive than them.
- Integrate websites with plugins easily: WordPress makes it simple for developers to create plugins and quickly integrate them into their websites. This means that new plugins are being developed everyday and you can also find many that were made by talented developers with open source code available online. With these powerful features, WordPress can improve your website’s functionality without any additional development or maintenance costs for you.
Which one should you consider to build a website?
There are numerous methods for creating a website nowadays. WordPress is one of the most well-known. Another popular framework is Wix which comes with a straightforward platform that has all the features you need to put your site online as soon as you can.
WordPress and other software like Wix have different features and uses, so it’s essential to decide on what best suits your needs.
WordPress has more capabilities than Wix but it also comes with a higher learning curve and might not be convenient for beginners. Wix, on the other hand, is easier to use and doesn’t require any programming or coding experience to develop and publish a website. WordPress has a vast number of plugins that can be downloaded and installed into your website. These plugins offer so many different purposes including but not limited to image galleries, video galleries, contact forms, and social media integrations. When it comes time for you or your company (or school) to choose a platform for your next project, you should consider using WordPress because it offers so many capabilities at an unbeatable price point.